- By Telephone:
Call01543 220 441 during our opening hours.
Remember if you can’t make it – PLEASE cancel your appointment.
If you have an urgent problem during surgery hours call the health centre on 01543 870560. The receptionist will need to take some details about the problem and arrangements will be made for you to be seen by the doctor as soon as possible.
Urgent appointments are for genuine emergencies that cannot wait until the following morning. There will only be sufficient time to discuss the one urgent problem with the Doctor.
- Our consultation times can be found here.
- Each appointment is for one person only. If other family members need to be seen please book a separate appointment.
- If you think your problem is very complicated or if you have several things that you want to discuss with your Doctor, please request a double appointment from the Receptionist or online with Patient Access.
- Emergency appointments are for medical problems that cannot wait until the next day.
- Please try to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- The Doctors always try to keep their consultations to time but due to the wide range of problems that patients present with this is not always possible. If delays occur we would appreciate your patience and understanding.
Further information can be found on our Getting the Most out of a Consultation page.
Based at Cannock Hospital, the Cannock Practices Network Surgery provides additional General Practice appointments.
An appointment is required and must be booked in advance by calling Hednesford Medical Practice on 01543 220 441, Monday to Friday during our opening hours.
Telephone Advice may include queries about a prescription, a test result, a hospital appointment, a referral, a form that needs to be completed or advice about a minor ailment. Please call and ask the receptionist who will be able to help you.
Telephone Consultations with your Doctor
If you only need advice from the doctor or nurse you can book a telephone consultation by calling the Surgery. The doctor will discuss your problem at an allotted time. Please make sure you give the correct phone number to the receptionist.
Telephone appointments are only available during surgery hours.
Advice is also available from the NHS 111 service by calling 111 from your landline or mobile phone.
If you anticipate that you may require an examination by the Doctor and feel that you would like a chaperone to be present, please make reception aware at the time of booking your appointment so that this can be arranged. For further information please see our Chaperones policy.
If you are unable to attend for your appointment please tell us in good time so that we are able to offer another patient the use of that appointment.
You can use one of the following methods:
- Cancel Online using Patient Access:
Cancel Your Appointment online using Patient Access.
- By Telephone:
Please call us on 01543 220 441.
- In Person: Call into your surgery and let the receptionist know in person.
We can offer your appointment to someone else and therefore help to reduce waiting times.
As part of our commitment to all our patients we monitor the efficient use of appointments. If a patient regularly fails to attend a booked appointment, the practice reserves the right to remove them and their family from the practice list.